This is how easy to phish someone with good Social engineering Techniques




Its been a while since I posted my last post. So I decided to do a quick writeup on social engineering attack. I will show how easy it is to phish someone using a Good social engineering attack. I will try to make this post noob-friendly to proof that how easy it is for anyone with good social engineering skills but with little to zero technical knowledge can phish a user. Even though I am not an expert at soc engineering I was able to take down some accounts. 

Attack scenario

This time I decide to attack random people, this was to see how difficult or easy to phish some random people.

Preparing the Attack

First I need to make a fake Facebook profile and it’s better to not use those type of profile which could be easily reverse search like some celebrity photo etc, so I used “thispersondoesnotexist.com” which generate fake person pic using AI techniques every time you refresh the page, so it would be good the choice for making this type of fake profiles. As shown below I decided to choose below pic which looks easy to convince people. 

I updated the profile pic. 

Then I sent a friend request to some girls profile, this can make it easy to lure the target if a girl’s profile has more female friends then any male that will look more legit.


 Then I got some request from some male profiles and also got comments on my profile pic.

I decided to wait so that one of them start conversion with me and after some time I got a message from both of them.



I did some usual chat with both of them for some time, I did not reply immediately to their message when I was AFK. After some long conversation, when they will get comfortable with the fake
person, I will ask them to do a favor





Preparing The Attack

This time I decided to use automation for this phishing attack, this can save some time also. For the attack, I am going to use socialphish this comes with some phishing template and also with ngrok as my current target isn’t techie this time this is a good choice for tunneling. 

I installed it 


And after running it gave me choices oh what type of template I want to use.


I chose the first template FbRobotCaptcha on visiting this page will ask to proof if the person is not some bot which looks like as shown below.


On visiting the page will show something like this 


Now when the user will choose login with FB it will get redirected to the Facebook login page as shown below



Now on after submitting the password, the user will be redirected to URL shown below


Now the server is up and it’s time to send the link


Sending The link

The first target seems to get offended by asking about his career so I move on to the second target and ask him to do me a favor 

Then I told him how to sign up for this petition and then sent the short link.






Now I waited for him to make the login attempt and after some minutes I got the credentials.


Final words

Above article proof that don't believe everything you see online second never open any link without complete verification by scanning on virustotal or urlscan.io which is send by some stranger

You can follow me on Facebook or twitter 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USB forensic : Find the history of every connected USB device on your computer

Crawling pastebin to find specific pastedump

Hack WinRAR password by using Brute force attack

Fileless malware Analysis with Cuckoo sandbox

Web application penetration testing: Tools and Techniques for web security auditing